Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Sony Blue Ray Disc and DVD player dropped connection with

Customer Question

My Sony Blue Ray Disc and DVD player dropped connection with my live stream internet
service.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems.

Please tell me if you're using a wired or wireless connection to your router, and also if wireless how far away from the router is the player please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not sure about this. I have live streaming from my home computer internet. Internet service is through Cablevision.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thanks. Is there a cable running from the Blu Ray player to your internet modem/router? If so, that's wired, and if not- that would be wireless.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the blue ray is plugged in so I guess it is wireless. I really do not want not to pay anymore for this service so I will not be calling at this time.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. I'm not asking for any money, or a phone call. The site does that automatically- nothing I have control over. Also I have not been paid anything- the site holds your deposit, so you can see it's important to me to get this working for you.

That being said, have you tried unplugging the player from power for 5 minutes and plugging it back in?

Also, there is a reset to factory defaults option in the manual. So please try the unplugging and then if that does not work let me know and I can help you reset the player.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you're still having the same problems, then the player needs to be reset to factory defaults. To do this, click on the link below and scroll to pages 28 and 29 of the manual below and reset the player (Resetting):

http://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/ImageBank/v20120428205100/Manuals/158/158BDPS390.PDF

Note, that the player will need to be setup from the start again (as if it were new).

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.