Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Daewoo DRV-6402S purchased in 2008. Working

Customer Question

I have a Daewoo DRV-6402S purchased in 2008. Working normally with light usage never a problem. One day recently simply does not power up. If I unplug them replug, there is a brief recognition of power (about 3 seconds) before going completely blank and no recognition of power. One repair shop told me it was broken and could not be fixed, but this man seemed both drunk and shiftless. Please advise if this is a common problem and what I can do about it.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi Dan

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

There is likely a fault with the power supply circuitry - unfortunately the parts and labour to fix this cost more than the price of a new one, so for that reason repairs are not normally carried out.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete, Unfortunately DVD-VHS combo playing all zones (US zone 1, Europe-UK zone 2) seem very difficult to come by. I live in Switzerland (220v) but have many dvds and old cassettes from the US. Which would be the parts in the power supply circuitry, in case I find someone to repair it.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi Dan,

The most likely components to fail in the power supply circuitry are the electrolytic capacitors - a local electronics expert can remove test, and replace these for you. They can also test the rest of the circuitry for any other defects.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi Dan, just checking in on your question. How did things turn out for you?