electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.

Just played a VHS-C tape with a Panasonic adaptor. Can't

Customer Question

Just played a VHS-C tape with a Panasonic adaptor. Can't open the latch to take out the VHS-C tape, though it opened fine when I put the -C in.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Video Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The latch is centered on the top front edge. You push it right to open but it's stuck there now. There's a little give, but it doesn't go all the way left so the door/cover doesn't pop open.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Video Technician should know?
Customer: I removed old battery and cleaned out that compartment. New battery is fine and tape played fine too.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Video Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 5 months ago.

Hallo welcome to just answer

I would like to know couple things. Can you play the existing tape back?

When was the last time you changed batteries?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Good morning,Yes, I played the tape with no problem Friday morning. The door popped up, I inserted and played the tape. Now, the slide opener is stuck to the right which is the open position.I also replaced the old battery and thoroughly cleaned the contacts with vinegar right before using the tape.

Is the spring that holds the lock in place? This might be the problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It opened so thank you!

You are welcome. Thanks for using just answer.