Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We've been logged in for two weeks. Just today after the

Customer Question

We've been logged in for two weeks. Just today after the program selection, the ads
are about to start and it just stops..... Whats going on here. I phone called our
provider and they say its not them. We have plenty of data capacity. So what is going on??
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I presume you have Roku service... or a Roku box leading to your TV. Which one is the problem showing up with, service without a box, or a Roku box with service?

If the service is choking on ads... it depends upon what device it is displaying them upon... or trying to display them upon.

Try logging out of the service, shutting down the TV (and turning Off the box, if your setup has a Roku box.)

Then wait 15 minutes for the equipment to cool off and rest-reset.

Then turn On the Roku box (if there is one.) Wait 2 minutes for it to initialize.

Then turn On the TV again, and attempt to tune in a program, *after* logging back in to the Roku service.

Sometimes Roku service chokes up, and this logging-out-turning-Off-and-waiting-then-logging-in-again procedure gets it going again. Let me know how it turns out for you, please. (I may have further advice to offer.) Thanks.