Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Have an older sapphire jukebox need know how to test to get

Customer Question

have an older sapphire jukebox need know how to test to get it to play it has cd s in it lights inside come on i triggered coin mech but nothing works
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.If you bought it Used and it has never worked, then it probably was sold owing to the defect you are asking about.It sounds as if control circuits are dead (and I presume that by 'triggered coin mechanism' you have put it into Free Play mode, in which it operates and plays without getting permission from the coin box first. Have you?) But since control circuits seem dead when Free Play mode isn't operating, then I would advise that you double-check what you did... either to put coins in the coin box, or to trigger Free Play mode... you may not have put enough coins in (if you tried it that way), or you may not have correctly triggered Free Play mode. Let me know what you did exactly, and I will advise you further.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All i have done is opened it up, and pressed the coin hair trigger to try and get something to happen. also the song selection dividers do not work or move. all the interior lighting works, amd the song up to play shows, but i cannot get anything else to happen.
Try putting coins in it.Or tell me the model #, so I can try to find how to activate Free Play mode. ('60302123' is evidently the serial number.)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
as far as model # ***** the only thing showing for a model is "Sapphire". ive attach pictures of the only 2 tags on the machine, one is upside down but the number can still be seen. hopefully you can get the onfo you need off of these.
Try setting the Credits option to 99 for FreePlay mode. Or... just open the cover, so the cover switch is deactivated. That may activate FreePlay, oddly enough. For many jukeboxes, the remote is needed, and F-2 will set the jukebox on FreePlay.