Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Can not eject VCR tape.

Customer Question

Can not eject VCR tape.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the tape will not eject, try holding down the EJECT button for 1/2 minute continuously.

Then if that doesn't work, turn the VCR Off. Wait about 20+ minutes, and then hold down the EJECT button and turn the VCR On, and keep holding the EJECT button for 1/2 minute after it is turned On.

After that, if Eject still doesn't work, you have a problem inside the VCR's workings that will require careful and knowledgeable repair work. (If it gets to this point, tell me what the maker and model # ***** please, and I will try to advise you further. Thanks.)

(If this answers your question adequately by some fortunate chance, please rate my answer.)