Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Roku wont play vids pink screen says DCP unauthorized content

Customer Question

roku wont play vids pink screen says DCP unauthorized content disabled. audio plays all subscriptions same, netflix, amazon, hbo etc.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Shut off your TV, then disconnect the Roku from the HDMI port on the TV. (If using the Roku stick, then remove the stick from the TV). Unplug the power cord from the Roku for 10 seconds then plug it back in. Plug the HDMI cable back into the TV (or the Roku stick directly back into the TV), then turn the TV on. If you have the same message and using the Roku "Stick"- then the stick is defective and requires repairs. If using the standard Roku box however, and the issue is still there- then replace your HDMI cable with a new one as it has lost it's digital handshake with the TV and needs replacement. HDMI is digital and these cables can fail without warning. In this case you can purchase a new HDMI cable from Radio Shack, Wal-Mart or Best By for around $15. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Let me know once you can see my reply.