Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Simplink Please Try Again box that keeps popping up

Customer Question

I have a Simplink Please Try Again box that keeps popping up when I plug in my Roku player. It did this in the past with a Sony bluray player. How do I get rid of it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I plugged in my Roku player to LG tv. I have had both for a long time with no problems, but now I get the Simplink Please try again box every few seconds.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I have a Time Warner Cable DVR with their remote. It started out working well, but now it doesn't power on the tv and doesn't control the sound. We have to push buttons on tv to turn it on and adjust sound.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 6 months ago.
Hi welcome to just answer What is the roku model in question? Have you tried to disconnect the roku as a way to reset the system? It looks like you have a remote control problem. What is the model of the tv? Have you tried to change batteries?
I am stepping out and should be back in 2 hrs. I should be here to continue helping you.