Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have the same problem as Peter. My cdc645 skips randomly

Customer Question

I have the same problem as Peter. My cdc645 skips randomly and i think i'd like to try cleaning the lens. I've taken of the cover, where is the lens exactly?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Video Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I see the slide tray and the mechanism that plays the discs. Will I have to take off the top of that mechanism to find the lens?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Video Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Video Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, You can visually identify the laser lens by clicking on the link below and viewing the entire assembly for your player. Additionally if cleaning the lens does not work- the this link is also where you can purchase the assembly from:
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.