Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I recently purchased an OPPO-103D DVD player to interface with

Customer Question

I recently purchased an OPPO-103D DVD player to interface with my Samsung Ultra-HD capability TV. I know ultra 4-g is gaining momentum, and I just purchased a 4-g DVD but am unable to play it on my DVD player. Is there a firmware that I can update my DVD player to accommodate the 4-g DVD? Or am I forced to invest in the new pricey OPPO-104 model?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately no, there is no upgrade available for this purpose, and their never will be.This is not simply a firmware/software issue, but rather than the oppo 103d is an older (2013) model, and simply lacks the necessary hardware processing capabilities.It is not able to decode 4k bluray discs. It does do a superb job of upscaling 1080p content to 4k, so there is certainly some benefit to that still. As for new discs, with true native 4k content, you would need a new player.The new oppo ( http://amzn.to/225bMrJ ) is one option for that,I'd also recommend the http://amzn.to/1VVXoC4 as a less costly alternative.Hopefully you purchased the oppo recently enough that you could still return it. Thank you,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan