Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I have a sony bluray player. i also have netflix. i cannot

Customer Question

i have a sony bluray player. i also have netflix. i cannot get the blue ray to stream the netflix. when i go to settings from bluray it says wifi is 100 percent and strong signal. what am i doing wrong?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Hello, What's the Model Number of the Sony Blu Ray player please? Also, did you register this device on your Netflix account so it would be recognized?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
bdps670 and im not sure about the registering part. we have alays reieved netflix through our cable box until tuesday. i switched to directv.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Okay, Netflix is not able to be received through a Cable box, so that part is somewhat confusing. What I'm asking here is this: Is this the first time trying to setup the Sony Blu Ray player with Netflix- Yes or No please?
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
If you have not performed the steps of PHYSICALLY REGISTERING the Sony to your Netflix account, then you will not be able to receive Netflix on the Sony Blu ray player. Click the Netflix link below and follow all of the instructions posted there to be able to start streaming Netflix on your Sony Blu Ray player: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23878
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Actually that page is a general info page. Pleas click here instead: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23878
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you on this as needed. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i just spoke with netflix. i am registered. they said that i need a sotware update on the blueray player. is that something you can do?
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
I can't update the player from here, No. But I can check and see if there is an update and send you a link. Will be right back.
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Also can you briefly check the model number of the Sony and make sure it is not: BDPS-S570 (instead of 670)?
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Or possibly its BDPS-S6700? Let me know please so we can continue.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Should you still need help with this, could you please recheck the model number of the player for me and confirm back here at your convenience? I can then help you through the update process. If you no longer need help, you can cancel/refund from the help page. Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan