electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

I have an old jvc dr mh30 DVD recorder and all I get is a loading

Customer Question

I have an old jvc dr mh30 DVD recorder and all I get is a loading message. Ow can I repair or get media off hard drive
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answer When was the last time the system worked. This could a laser problem and we can work together to troubleshoot the problem.Would you be able to take the cover off to do a visual inspection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will try anything. Cover is off
Ok,Now look at the location where the disk goes and load a disk and let me know if it spins or not.If the disk spins, listen to laser noise to hear if it does move to read the disk.Please be careful as the laser can damage your eyes. Do no stare at the laser when the system is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday while waiting on your reply after removing the cover, I started the recorder, got the loading message and after about five minutes the recorder shut it self off. I push the power button and it came up loaded the disk and have been working ever since.Before it was stuck on loading, and would not shut itself off. Put cover back on and now relearning how to use. Base on the videos on the hard drive they went back to 2006
Thanks for the update. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me.