Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My MWR20V6 DVD Recorder with Video Cassette Recorder has

Customer Question

My MWR20V6 DVD Recorder with Video Cassette Recorder has been sitting in my closet for a few years. I got it out today and hooked it up to a TV with a component video cable. I'm just trying to play a VHS tape, but once I start it, it shows up on the TV (sound and video) but the machine cuts itself off after about 3 or 4 seconds. It does the same thing if I try to rewind or fast forward. I've tried several different tapes with the same results. Can you please tell me what I need to do to fix it?
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cannot wait any longer for an answer and I have to sign off. Please disregard my question.
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi Greg and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, would you still need help with this?And as this is an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?