Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Recorders and Players like the popular ROKU. I am Computer Eng. with 10+ years of experience with network devices.

I've got a samsung dvd v6700 player currently with region code 4 and I' like to

Customer Question

I've got a samsung dvd v6700 player currently with region code 4 and I' like to make it region free. i have seen your advice. My problem is: when press the subtitle button on my samsung remote nothing appears on the screen. What to do? My TV set is a Panasonic Led, in case that matters. Thanks, Anna
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.The TV model does not matter. Also, nothing will appear after you press the subtitle button, that's normal. Please use the DVD remote to follow the steps below:Point the remote to the DVD player while doing the following:1. Press the DVD button on your remote (the Samsung logo appears)2. Press the SUBTITLE button on your remote (nothing will appear)3. With your remote enter the code: 7 6 8 8 44. The current region is displayed on the top left corner of the screen. (you will see number 4 on screen)5. Press 9 on your remote (Region free)6. Press the SUBTITLE button on your remote7. Turn the DVD player OFF and ON.8. Enjoy the Region free player It it didn't work, repeat the same procedure but press 0 instead of 9 in step #5=====Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges. Please read below also: Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated. If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges. If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead. Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!! John=====