Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I bought the Xitel InPort Hotwire N354 to transfer audio cassettes

Customer Question

I bought the Xitel InPort Hotwire N354 to transfer audio cassettes to digital. However, I took it out of package and put in my PC bag. I don't have any software to run it. I do see the drivers loaded successfully when I plugged it into my laptop. is there a particular software for it or does it just run with maybe Windows Media, etc.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Need to know if there is actual software for Xitel INport Hotwire N354. My SN is IPHX1188E95979
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeYou should have a CD that came with the device that has the software soundsaver on itYou have no CD;s are all?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
None at all. The drivers loaded when I plugged in the USB but no software.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
ok, do you see the device appear in windows when you do this?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I dont.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
which version of windows are you using?