electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

Sony CDP-CX355. Disc broke in player mech. assuming it was

Customer Question

Sony CDP-CX355. Disc broke in player mech. assuming it was half in and out of mech. and tray turned. Have put disc in #1 slot. turn table rotates, finds disc, arm comes out to grab disc but is slightly too far to label side and although it sides over disc it hits disc in process and does not grab it fully enough to place completely on player mech. Ibelieve that I have removed all broken disc pieces but the broken parts of disc may have thrown some part out of adjustment.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Video Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Video Technician should know?
Customer: No, access to repair manual download a plus.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Video Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answer.This will a trial and error question in order to get to an answer.1.I would like to know if you have already removed the top cover and perform visual inspection to ensure that there are no pieces on the moving and loading mechanism.2. Have you tried to load disk on another locations to see if they will be picked and played? If yes,3.Try to reset the system. Disconnect the power and leave the system off for 10 Minutes and then try again. Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1, yes 2, #15 same result, reset trying now. results the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
black grabber is not lined up with nylon white slot. slightly to left.
Ok thanks for the update.If you can take the cover off again and try to load the disk. Visually try to see how much space is left between the loader and the arm. If you can estimate the space, power off the system and manually try to move the carrier to reduce the distance and then power on the system and try to load a disk. Do not apply too much force when moving the carrier.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cover is off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
better picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing is moving to one side or other, nor can mech be moved closer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
repair manual download ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are we still communicating ??
If the carrier does move, and you cannot move, then I would be thinking that the gear has jammed and requires loosening the screws that hold the carrier and the perform some adjustment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WE are having comm error here. everything moves as it is suppose to. problem is the disc grabber is not lined up with disc. therefore catches on edge of disc when moving in to grab it. then slips over disc but not fully. then it has not grabbed disc in correct spot to load it fully.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund deposit. This Comm is over. You were no help.
Sorry for the experince. Would you like to work with another expert?