Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a Rowe jukebox, R92 1985 model (i think). the lights

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Rowe jukebox, R92 1985 model (i think). the lights stopped working the other day, except for the fluorescent light, it still works. Help me!
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If only the fluourescent light works, then the main power supply has failed. (The fluorescent light still works because it runs off the house current coming in to the jukebox, independent of the power supply module.)Perhaps a fuse has blown, in the P/S module in the jukebox. Or a worse burnout has occurred. One thing's sure: It's not just the connection of the power cord. If it weren't connected the fluorescent light wouldn't work either. If the 2 A breaker is stuck, then there's a short in the works, and repair will partly consist of opening it up, smelling / sniffing around, and finding the overheated/shorted/burnt part. Let me know if you need further advice... one thing's sure: this jukebox will need some advanced-ish repair-shop help. It has a severe problem, or two, I'm sorry to say.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If the power supply is bad, why is every thing else working properly?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also, it passes the sniff test. I was right beside the jukebox when the lights went out, and there was no smell as you described. Still isn't.
You might have to be up-close to the component to detect it.Esp. if it was a small component that burnt. But describe this more fully please: 'lights' went out - but everything else is still working? and the fluorescent light is still working? please describe what is still working about the jukebox, in some detail.