electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

How do you get the turntable on the RCA Chaplain to operat

Customer Question

How do you get the turntable on the RCA Chaplain to operate?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answer. What is the exact model number of the system? I would like to know this in order to offer a correct solution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GM T0 4205
Hi Thanks for the information. On the front, there are 3 round button. The one on the left has selection for AM,FM,CD and Phono. Please turn the button toward right to select the phono. Load you cd, on the left side near the arm, there is a speed selector for 33 and 45. Choose you speed. Manually move the arm slowly and place it on the edge of the turn table and it will play for you.
I think this is the model you have right? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-RCA-His-Masters-Voice-Chaplin-Turntable-CD-Player-AM-FM-Radio-/360786846251?hash=item540092622b
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned on the machine, put it on phono, put a record on the turntable, put the needle on the record. Nothing happens. What makes the turntable turn?
There is a switch that is under the arm that enables the motor to run. Did you select the speed switch?
This is optional if you would like to get a phone help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I put it on the 33 1/3 speed. Cannot locate no switch. Is it by the needle or on the backside of the arm?
The switch is activated by you lifting the arm. Nothing else you should be doing. It should be simple to get it going