Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an approximately 13 yr old Pioneer (10 or 12?) disc

Customer Question

I have an approximately 13 yr old Pioneer (10 or 12?) disc trunk mounted CD changer that has quit playing...I hadn't played it for quite some time and turned it on about a week ago and it wouldn't play...Then, all of a sudden it came on by itself and played until it changed to the next CD,and now it won't play at all..The remote hand unit display light hasn't worked for some time but in the daytime I can see that it is responding to all the commands and I can hear the drive motor running and the remote unit is warm to the touch so I know it has power..I tried removing the cartridge and putting it back in and tried it on both of my FM bands (set to 89.1)..Can you please help? Thankyou..
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The model on my Pioneer CD changer is model CDX-1277FM---I just went out and looked at it again you can easily hear the changer motor running and my remote unit will display the disc number it is trying to play (1 thru 12) and then after a minute or so it will display an "Err 10" message...
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 7 months ago.
Hi welcome to just answerI will be taking care of you today. This is a troubleshooting problem and I will depend on your observation and trials to arrive to an answer.Have you tried to reset the system? Power off the system disconnect the power and wait for 10 minutes and put back together.