Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I recently purchased a Sherwood 4 channel stereo receiver (RX5502)

Customer Question

I recently purchased a Sherwood 4 channel stereo receiver (RX5502) (ordered Thanksgiving (2015, but not unpacked or connected to anything until Mid March 2016). I then connected several devices: a 5 disc carousel CD player with CDG for Karaoke, a laser disc karaoke player, a cassette tape player / recorder, and a smart TV (purchased in April 2016. I connected the sound to the receiver in order to use the speakers connected to the receiver for TV sound. The system has 4 speakers. Everything was connected properly and everything worked. On Sunday night, I watched TV, and used the amp receiver for the sound. When I went to bed, I shut down both the TV and all the equipment connected to the receiver. Monday morning I went to watch TV, but got no sound from the Sherwood receiver. I tried several times, but the receiver turns on to standby, but when within a few seconds, it went back to standby mode. I tried multiple times to get it powered up, but it immediately went back to standby mode. The same thing happened when I tried to use the CD player. What happened to the receiver...? I cannot get any sound from it, and it reverts to standby, whenever I try to power it up. I'm really worried, because my 80th birthday party is next week and we need the receiver for karaoke...!
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
This receiver is fairly simple really so the troubleshooting will be simple as well.Do you happen to have a set of headphones ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Jack Cancel my request. I don't like the way this is going...! Take your $5 deposit, and forget it...! You don't offer any assurances that your help is of any value, and your disclaimer looks like a scam. Bill Fry
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. Please use this link or phone number for these questions;http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Then after the $43. charge, you ask another $26 to talk on the phone.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech.Please use this link or phone number for these questions;http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 8 months ago.
Hi another expert here.Would you like to try few things to see if we can get to the bottom of the problem?I will be happy to assist you here online. Your deposit is refundable unless you are satisfied.Let me know and we can get started.