electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

I have a Philips hq vhr. Connected to elgato video capture

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Philips hq vhr. Connected to elgato video capture connected to my mac book pro. The videos play fine but the sound only comes for the first 2 seconds of each tape...how can I get the sound to play throughout?
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 8 months ago.
Hi welcome to just answer.I will be taking g care of you today. Would you supply some information about your video capture device and software that is being used to collect the video. Does the vcr works normal on the tv?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi its the same problem... all the videos play fine. just the audio sounds for the first second or so. even if I fast forward and then play again the sound plays for few seconds then stops.
Its The Elgato video capture device which transfers video from analogue sources to my computer. Its compatible with my mac book air
Thanks for the information.If the VCR acts the same way when you use it directly on the TV, then it is the vcr problem. My other suggestion would be to use the coaxial cable on the back of the VCR and try to connect it to your TV. If the TV works fine, then we can point the problem to a vcr. Can you try this and let me know the results?