Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Just bought a beogram tx. The pick up arm pivots into the sensor arm-

Customer Question

Just bought a beogram tx. The pick up arm pivots into the sensor arm- they don't stay parallel. When I first tried an LP, the sensor arm wouldn't move to the end of the record. I used the service manual to clean and adjust everything, and itworked more or less. I'mgoing to need a new armdrive belt but it functions now. The problem is that when I adjust the sensor and pickup arms, the pickup arm seems to move faster and bunches up against the sensor arm, and will stay stuck in the current groove.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It sounds to me as if the pivot on the sensor arm was too tight. Try loosening it. Was this a new Beogram turntable, or was it sold Used or As-Is ? If it was sold New, then warranty would apply to these problems for sure, if not return-exchange for defective merchandise.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think you've misunderstood the question. It ia already too loose, not too light. In any case I submitted a refund request moments before your response and returned the player to the seller.
Returning the turntable/player was the right thing to do. Thank you for asking your question here at