Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have had three Or more Pentax cameras in the past and have

Customer Question

I have had three Or more Pentax cameras in the past and have many lenses for these. I recently purchased a Pentax K-50. I am having problems getting these older lenses to work. The manual is poorly written and does not give a step by step directions for the settings to make them work. I get a blinking F- - . I also have a telescope that I have used for star gazing which uses a k bayonett adaptor. Could you give me a step by step on the camera settings or send me a link to who could help me out.
Many "
thanks Don Marotz ***@******.***
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
First, ensure the older lenses have cleaned contact areas so that they make a good connection with the camera body - let me know if they work any better after cleaning?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The lenses that have the "A" setting or auto focus setting, the auto F stop work OK. The company says that the older manual lenses will work but have poor instructions on how to set for it electronically. If you could even find a Pentax Ricoh center that will instruct me that might even be helpful. Don
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi Don,You can contact Pentax Ricoh support on Ricoh 1-***-***-****. Or you can arrange a repair here: