Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a panasonic dvd recorder DMR EZ28, when i load a dvd

Customer Question

i have a panasonic dvd recorder DMR EZ28, when i load a dvd it beeps 3 times and a message read "no read". It will not play, record or format. Can you help?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Obviously something is wrong with the reading of the disc(s) loaded into the device you have. It might be an occluded or dirtied read lens. It is more likely to be either a defective spindle motor that cannot spin fast enough for the disc reading to take place - that is quite common.Or it might be that circuitry associated with reading from the surface of the disc(s), is defective.How old is your Panasonic DVD recorder? measured from date of original purchase.If under a year, you will be able to have it repaired by Panasonic free-of-charge under warranty. But before reaching the point of deciding whether to repair it, or replace it (that decision is up to you of course), you could try one thing: running a CD/DVD drive cleaning kit in it.For instance, this one: WalMart, or this one: or this one: All of them basically work by wiping the lens that reads the surface of the disc. (These cleaners are to be distinguished from the more expensive disc cleaners... for scratched or dirty discs. Non-applicable to this problem, for sure.)Whether to try one of these or not is up to you. Let me know if you need further advice on this matter. Thanks.