electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

Can't get my activation codes (7R75D9 and XE55QN) to be accepted

Customer Question

Can't get my activation codes (7R75D9 and XE55QN) to be accepted by Roku for my HBOGO request (I subscribe to HBO through XFINITY).
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 8 months ago.
Hi welcome to just just answer.The solution to your question has two parts.First I would like you to go online and test your codes onlineUse this link to log in to your Comcast and the use the codes to see if they work. http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/heres-how-to-turn-any-device-into-a-personal-tv-inside-the-homeThe second part will be to test them with your device. What is the roku model?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I went to ROKU on my TV, I went to HBOGO and entered the new activation code, and it SEEMED to work, as I was able to see all the HBO offerings, and there was a note on the screen that I was an HBO subscriber on XFinity; however, when I clicked on the show I wished to see, it was requiring me to enter ANOTHER CODE to activate the HBOGO show I wished to view. HUH?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no more
Ok thanks for the update. Is everything working for you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please read my reply above, disregard the "no more" message. The problem still exists as explained in the first message above.
Thanks for the update. Would you try log in to the HBO service using your computer and not roku to see if it will work. I am starting to wonder whether the two service providers block each other. The only way to check is to use a neutral device to perform a verification of your codes. Use the link above on pc or mobile device and try your codes.We might have to do many trials to get you to a correct answer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you mean for me to google HBOGO on my computer, then try to activate the service? The site asks for my device (ROKU) and then gtives me a code which I would have to then go to ROKU on my TV to see if it indeed does activate it. This was the code that WORKED before, but the code the TV ROKU suggested did not work when I went to my computer to try to activate HBOGO.
Ok so the code worked with computer before and now it does not work?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It might work again too, don't know; just know that when I then (went) go to ROKU on my TV, it (gave) gives me yet another code to enter in the HBOGO before I can view HBO show.
Thanks for the update. Let me know the results.