Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have problems on one particular channel (RT) with buffering/rebuffering.

Customer Question

I have problems on one particular channel (RT) with buffering/rebuffering. What is to be done?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answer. I would like to know few things about your device.What is the model?Who is your Internet service provider? What is the model of your router?Has the channel ever worked before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
roku 3
Optimum
Netgear N300 WNR2000 v3
The channel may work perfectly for days at a time, then there is so much trouble that it is all but unwatchable for the next week.
I would like to talk to you about your problem.How far is your Roku from the router?Would you be able to hard wire the roku to your router and tried the channel to eliminate the wifi as the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 14 yards, in another room. I also have a router extender that is a couple of yards from the roku.
No, I don't think I coukd hard wire the router to the the roku.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already paid $29 and you want me to spend another $18? That seems like a lot. I haven't gotten any help yet.
You do not have to spend extra money. We can work online.How far is your Roku from the router?Would you be able to hard wire the roku to your router and tried the channel to eliminate the wifi as the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't think I could hard wire the router to the the roku.
You can use a network cable and connect to it from the back of the router to roku.I wanted you to try this as we can eliminate the wireless as a suspect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a 15 yard cable.
Ok, the other choice will be to try a different router if you have one handy.Another option is to move the system close to your router. This might be easy if you have a smaller tv.Also your computer monitor can be used as tv screen if you have newer hmdi capability.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a different router, I can't move the tv, and I don't want to use my computer as my tv. I don't think this is working out.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi John and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• check Internet's speed and quality of connection using SpeedTest and PingTest;• for process of elimination, try running without the router extender.