Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Trying to insert wireless password ***** our Sony Blu-ray Disc.

Customer Question

Trying to insert wireless password ***** our Sony Blu-ray Disc. I need to capitalize the letter E and can not get it.
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Can you please provide me a picture of keyboard appears on TV screen when you try to put password?This will help me to assist you further.Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't send you a picture
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
OK, it needs digital/ cellphone camera to take picture of TV screen while having software keyboard on TV, transfer the picture file into computer then click add-file link below the box where you type the reply to attach the picture file in this chat thread. Can you try it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
OK, let me search it if I can find it out, keyboard layout image will help to assist you further. Can you give me 15 minutes to do that?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
Please check attached image, is it similar to the keyboard that appears in bluray player?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
OK, I really need you to get me picture of keyboard that you see on your TV screen.Also, have you tried to connect a keyboard into front USB port of bluray player which also should work to enter numbers/ alphabets?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No it doesn't
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
OK, I'm afraid right now I don't have this bluray player in front of me to take a picture of keyboard and to assist you further. Can you look for Shift button in bluray keyboard?It would have up-arrow sign similar to printed on your computer keyboard.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No but thanks for attempting to help
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
OK, I can get required image in a day if you can wait.Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I called Sony and they are sending me information on how to do it. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.
Sounds good.Thanks.