Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  35+ years in the business and still at it everyday
39158752

Does ROKU 4 have any issue with NTSC downconverters. I have

Customer Question

Does ROKU 4 have any issue with NTSC downconverters. I have mine connected through a converter to a standard TV and the video just blinks out repeatedly , similar to when the ROKU is first stating up.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

What is this downconverter , hdmi to composite or component video for example ?

Does it have a model number ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not a name brand, bought it at Frys. HDMI to S-Video adapter.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

Hello again

In that case go in your Roku`s setup menu and lower its output resolution to 720p for example or as much as you can , its coming out of the converter at 480i anyway so that wont make a difference on the picture quality but certainly would make a difference in the ease of streaming wifi if that is the problem and also probably would make life easier for that converter .

Give it a try and if that does the trick then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.

By the way , if that converter also has standard (composite) video out , give it a try