Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

ML think the y DVD tray opened on my dvd vhs recorder when i

Customer Question

ML think the y DVD tray opened on my dvd vhs recorder when i push it in it hits something and opens I think little kids hit some buttons with the power on. What can i do to work again
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi Richard and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Magnavox DVD&VCR recorder..."

Additionally and as this seems to be an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? ...or more particularly, would you be comfortable working on the inside mechanism and circuitry?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the model # ***** *****
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

The described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, possible suspects are:

• • faulty mechanism (least likely);
  • • stuck / failed motor and/or failed coupling belt/gear (likely);
  • • foreign object (most likely).

All of the above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?