Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

ML think the y DVD tray opened on my dvd vhs recorder when i

Customer Question

ML think the y DVD tray opened on my dvd vhs recorder when i push it in it hits something and opens I think little kids hit some buttons with the power on. What can i do to work again
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi Richard and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Magnavox DVD&VCR recorder..."

Additionally and as this seems to be an internal hardware issue, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? ...or more particularly, would you be comfortable working on the inside mechanism and circuitry?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the model # ***** *****
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

The described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly, possible suspects are:

• • faulty mechanism (least likely);
  • • stuck / failed motor and/or failed coupling belt/gear (likely);
  • • foreign object (most likely).

All of the above would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach?