Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.

I have a Pioneer Elite BDP 80 FD Blu-ray purchased in

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer Elite BDP 80 FD Blu-ray purchased in California to play DVD's from all zones all over the world. However, I cannot find my manual and don't know how to play my European PAL DVDs on it. Can you instruct me please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Shirley.

I'm not sure where you purchased this from, but the salesperson misinformed you. That model is NOT a region free player. It is designed only to play back region 1 dvds and region A bluray. It is not capable of converting pal or decoding other region discs.

I can help you find a more suitable player that would do that, if that is what you're looking for.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.

Did you need more help with this, Shirley?