Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I can't get my DVD to eject. How am I supposed to do it?

Customer Question

I can't get my DVD to eject. How am I supposed to do it? ***@******.***
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've tried the remote eject button, but it doesn't help. When I bought it, the salesperson showed me how to show the set up button, but what do I do then?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Could you please get me the model number written on unit in question?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can't at this time. It's across town. It's too late for me to be driving there.
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, please reply back with model number info in your convenient time to proceed.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Shahid, I'm sorry to be so slow in answering. The TV is an RCA-LCD+VHD, made in may 2011. The seriasl number is
26LA30RQD The DVD is still in the slot!
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.

Hi Jack, thanks for the info.

- Do you hear any motor or gear sound from disc drive area when press eject button?

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?