Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

DVD Recorder #DMR-ES30V The DVD drawer will not open, light

Customer Question

DVD Recorder #DMR-ES30V The DVD drawer will not open, light goes on, makes some noises, light goes off. Tried holding channel buttons down and unplugging it for a few seconds. It worked once but not again. Is there anything else that I can do?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds rather in bad shape, with regard to control circuitry. The erratic operation-then-malfunction sounds rather like that.

Is it being powered off a stable source, of the right voltage value? irregularity and/or surges on the power could cause this.