Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

I have a Coby DVD player TFDVD7009 - the battery pack is not

Customer Question

I have a Coby DVD player TFDVD7009 - the battery pack is not keep it's charge and I would like to get a new battery pack. Where can I get one?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Mary.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, this part is no longer available, anywhere.

Sadly, this type of problem is very common with Coby products, which are extremely low quality and have very short service lives. It doesn't take much to damage them, and they frequently fail all on their own. It is actually a wonder that yours has lasted this long.

Coby products were such poor quality that they actually went bankrupt about 4 years ago - there is no support for their products in any form, and parts are difficult to come by. In the case of the battery, it is not stocked anywhere at this point, but even when it was available the cost of the battery was about $45, which just isn't worth the investment for this type of portable player, when you could buy a brand new player from a more reputable brand and get a warranty, for about the same price:http://amzn.to/1Xtlodk

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed.

A call really may not be productive at this point, though I'm happy to discuss this on the phone with you if you prefer.