Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a magnavoxkdl-40s5100 DVD/VCR combo on the VHS, I can

Customer Question

I have a magnavoxkdl-40s5100 DVD/VCR combo on the VHS, I can play a tape, but when I try to record, I get sound but only a blue screen
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Wehave a dvd/vcr combo everything works fine except when we try to RECORD, we get sound, but no picture, only a blue screen
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Technician should know?
Customer: ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...DVD/VCR combo..."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kdl-40s5100
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but a "...kdl-40s5100 ..." is a Sony TV; the "...magnavox...DVD/VCR combo..." please?