Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony DVR/Tape recorder----RDR-VX555, numberthat was

Customer Question

I have a Sony DVR/Tape recorder----RDR-VX555, number(###) ###-####that was recently connect to my new Samsung T V. I tried to use it today to play a tape. It didn't work and now my TV also won't work. I'm told I need a source code. Can you help and how do I insert that code?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jimmy and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried unplugging both the Sony and the Samsung for an extended period of time? ...and then plug back in but use a different outlet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that. My Samsung is working fine now. Dish was able to tell me how to fix it, I'm afraid to try the Sony box until I have the source code. When can I expect it?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Sorry; source code?