Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Electronics technician for install, troubleshooting, and repairs.
59725966

My CD player will not eject. Is there some the that's

Customer Question

My CD player will not eject. Is there some the that's supposed to come out of the CD player? Maybe a tray to hold the multiple cd's
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Your unit does not have a "tray", it has a magazine, and the entire magazine is removed.
If you grasp at either side of that magazine, and press eject, will it slide out?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh, so the magazine is missing. I bought it a pawn shop. Can a magazine be purchased? I live this stereo.
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

So you just have a big wide open space (about 1.5 inches tall) on the front? If so, then yes the magazine is missing.

To be honest, you probably won't be able to find one, even used, as this is a very old and long discontinued model.

I'll see what I can turn up for you though.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. I'd love to keep it. Please let me know if you could find one.
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

I've searched high and low and the original part is not available anywhere, though that isn't surprising as this is a 25 year old stereo system (1991 model) - it is more surprising that it still works at all.

You could try a mag from one of the newer models that is still available, and may get lucky - it might fit, or it might not, I honestly can't say for sure, but you could always return it if it doesn't work for you. You may be better off investing in either a new stereo entirely (this one could, realistically, die any day now), or buying an external cd player/changer to hook up to the pioneer. I can recommend options for either, if you'd like.

If you want to try the newer magazine: http://amzn.to/1nL8TOp

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.