Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have done what a previous person did and inserted a dvd

Customer Question

Hi I have done what a previous person did and inserted a dvd into my tv wrongly and the dvd will not come out
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: inserted dvd into tv shiny side backwards instead of forwards and will not come out ifI press eject.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV you're having problems with?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Its a Technika 32p22B - PHD/DVD
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. If the DVD won't eject, then it's physically stuck inside of the DVD transport in the TV- which in many cases require dismantling the set to access the DVD.

However it would be worth trying a hard reboot of the set.

To do this, disconnect it from power then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 full seconds and release.

Wait a minute, then press and hold the Eject button while plugging the set back in.

Continue to hold eject for 15 seconds, or until the disc ejects- whichever comes first.

Try those steps 3 times.

If that does not work, then you will need to be a bit more invasive, and try sliding a plastic knife, or credit card underneath where the disc slides out (getting it under the disc), while pressing and holding the Eject button.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.