How JustAnswer Works:

• Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask electronicsguy Your Own Question

electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Category: Recorders and Players
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
Type Your Recorders and Players Question Here...
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was just reading the Q&A on the Mitsubishi M-T01. That was

Customer Question

I was just reading the Q&A on the Mitsubishi M-T01. That was my communication from about three years ago. I had put the repairs to the cassette deck on the back burner until now. (Too many projects at that time. I'm retired now with more time on my hands.) Anyway I contacted ABL and found that they had merged with Gibson TV. I've read the customer reviews for Gibson and they were very bad. Is there anyone else you might recommend to send the unit to for repair?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well as I said originally, the deck was working fine prior to storage. Currently it will fast forward or reverse freely, but when you select play, the head moves up for one or two seconds then shuts itself off. I've tried cleaning with alcohol with no effect. I don't think this is something I can fix myself. Is there anyone besides Gibson/ABL you might recommend?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Were you able to read my original posting from three years ago?
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to just answer

Would you like to have a phone conversation?

Do I understand this correctly- I am asked to pay an additional $18.00 for a phone call?
Let's abort this this whole issue. I am no longer interested in any answer, but thank you anyway.
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 10 months ago.

Thank. I was going to ask you a series of questions to understand the problem. The phone call is option if you want to arrive to a solution quickly.

The first payment is a security deposit. You only get charged if you are satisfied.

I was going to ask you how soft are the two little wheels inside the cassette mechanism.