electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

Magnavox model number 1p3935 transfomer
, its a console

Customer Question

magnavox model number 1p3935 blown transfomer
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a console bought new in 1971.... i have no idea where to find the specs for the transformer/ schematic
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 1 year ago.

Hi Welcome to just answer.

Would you be able to take picture and attach it here. Can you find the transformer specification. We might have to find a generic replacement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give me a few min
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the numbers on top of the transformer are: 320362-3 and -606-0-31
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh and the serial number of the unit is(###) ###-####if it helps

Please if you accept the offer, please provide your phone number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The live discussion via phone cost me 20 bucks whether i get the answer im looking for or not.....cant do it.

OK

We will have to work on line. I looked at the pictures and I have few questions about cabling. How many cables are on each side of the transformer?

Do you know what voltages the system uses. Which winding was damaged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the transformer has two wires come out of both the primary and secondary.....it is the primary side that is damaged. If you like i can take some more pictures showing the route that the power flows..(that i assume it flows)

Ok,

If that is the case, we need to determine what voltages comes out on secondary winding and how much power flows out to your system. My only suggestion is read values of components on the dc circuit. I want to know the part number for diodes and voltage values off the filter capacitors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i found this forum that had a service manual for the turntable itself if you look at the pic it show the transformer on the parts list (last one on right column) also there is a switch inline with the transformer secondary winding. as far as reading values of components im not sure exactly which ones you mean.. the website where i found the manual for the player is http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129717 and by the way the secondary winding of the coil goes directly to the turntable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is a couple more pictures of what appears to be the chassis number and a photofacts of what appears to be the same number

So you are telling me that the turntable is using an ac motor?

If that is the case, please read the power specification on the motor label to give me more information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i removed the record player to be able to see the motor better...the only number i see is printed on the side: 7038
i did find another sticker on it that says 100/125v , .25 amp 60cycles
if you want i can remove the motor to look further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ps the sticker was NOT on the motor but on the back of the turntable frame

Ok

The ratings that you are seeing are for the whole system and what it consumes. I wanted to know what power ratings are on the secondary part.

Please try to track down the wires as we are working on identifying a generic replacement.