Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our Panasonic Blu Ray player DMP BD-60 won't play Blu Ray

Customer Question

Our Panasonic Blu Ray player DMP BD-60 won't play Blu Ray discs. It will play regular DVDs. I applied the latest firmware, cycled it off and on, changed discs several times to no effect. It sounds like something is hanging up and won't read properly. It gives a "NoRead" message and "Stop"s after about a minute of trying to read.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The laser lens has multiple layers to play various types of discs, so the laser lens could still be dirty and causing the problem. Have you tried cleaning the laser lens either using a laser lens cleaning disc, compressed air, or cleaning using rubbing alcohol?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

So please let me know if you've tried any of these steps to clean the laser lanes, and also the age of the player please.