Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

I have a Sony CDP-CX355. Recently it started changing the

Customer Question

I have a Sony CDP-CX355. Recently it started changing the discs more slowly when in shuffle mode. Now it has stopped with a disc stuck and "loading error". I have figured out how to take the top cover off of it, but I don't know what to do now.
Thank you!
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got the stuck cd out, but the carousel will not spin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes a soft whirring sound, the middle blue light is flashing. None of the electronic features seem to work... door open/close doesn't work, AMS doesn't work, etc.
This all just happened while it had been working perfectly for a few hours.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have fixed the problem myself. After taking all the CDs out I figured out that a small belt had come off track. I slipped it back in place and unit seems to be working now.
Please refund my payment.
Thank you.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Please let me know if there as any additional information that you feel might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

This is a pretty common problem on this model. It can be either the laser unit - which comes with the sled/tray, or it could be a belt. If you look under the CD mechanism, you should see a belt going from a motor to the pulley on the spindle. If that is worn or wearing out, it will have to be replaced.

If that is ok, then it could be the CD mechanism. The part # ***** KSM 213 BFN/C2NP - the
laser, with spindle motor & sled motor complete.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems as though you did not see the additional remarks I left prior to your response.

Ok. Sorry... was this not the problem?