Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have just received a Toshiba DVD recorder model DR 430, I

Customer Question

I have just received a Toshiba DVD recorder model DR 430, I t will niot recognize my disc when in machine. Keeps telling me it is not playable or cannot record on disc. I need to find out why. I am using a DVD-R disc
Paul Harlow
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

When you say you have "just received" this unit, do you mean it's rand new- out of the box?

If not, how long have you owned it for please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Also, what happens if you insert a commercial pre-recorded DVD, the same message??