Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Pioneer Blu Ray Player was purchased in April 2009.

Customer Question

My Pioneer Blu Ray Player was purchased in April 2009. Recently, I purchased a Blu Ray Disc, Season 2 of "Homeland" TV series. The Player, after loading the disc, informed me that the the disc was "60 hz BD--Rom-BDMV" and the Pioneer Plasma TV (also purchased at the same time) posted the message something to the effect that my Player needed an UPDate of some sort and to contact the manufacture for instructions.
Can you help me?
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't want a free trial. My Player and TV play perfectly. However, if the Homeland Disc, Season 2, will play and the TV shows an update of some sort is needed, I only want the update instructions. If you cannot held, I REQUEST you cancel this transaction and credit my Visa with any deposit you have taken. THANK YOU.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. You may please ignore automated messages/ offers sent by website system such as free trail etc.

Required firmware update is available at following Pioneer support link..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Professional/Pro-Video/BDP-V6000

and following link shows instructions for firmware update process..

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/BDP-V6000/BDP-V6000_Update_Instructionse_Ver471.txt

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.