Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My CAVS jb-199 won't turn on. I changed the battery and it

Customer Question

My CAVS jb-199 won't turn on. I changed the battery and it just flashes and then goes off.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Make sure it is plugged in to a properly grounded outlet supplied with adequate levels of voltage, and whose circuit breaker has been reset, then after a pause, set again to On.

How old is the CAVS jb-199 in question?

Is it powered through a surge protector?

Did it show any signs of incipient failure before this problem happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's a horrible answer. Please don't charge me. I will call CAVS tech support on Monday.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I don't think my answer was horrible. But given that you think so about my first effort, I have Opted Out, opening the case to Experts with some other approach to the problem.

I have no power, as a JustAnswer.com Expert, over charges or billing. For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.