Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an older AccurianDVD Recorder/ FI VCR Combo. The DVD

Customer Question

I have an older AccurianDVD Recorder/ HI-FI VCR Combo. The DVD side will play DVDs, but it is refusing to record to DVD-R blank discs. I cleaned the lens and I tried multiple blanks discs.
Category: Recorders and Players
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It appears everything is compatible. I tried in dubbing mode and recording from an external camcorder. The discs aren't even being recognized. I get error messages, "Cannot Record to This Disc". The manual say nothing about troubleshooting except to use a compatible disc!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 10 months ago.

Hi Welcome to just answer.

I will be happy to assist you with your recorder question. Would you provide me the system model number. I would like to do some research before scheduling a phone call.