Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics.
23511658

I have DVD-VR365 and want to copy on DVD-RW, I have tried

Customer Question

Customer: Hi i have DVD-VR365 and want to copy on DVD-RW, I have tried both methods from Menu and direct. in both ways it starts then 'This picture can not be recorded' Appears on screen, it stops automatically. i also try DVD-R and formatted, nothing works.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am Rakesh from Australia, I have my old video tapes recorded on camera in SP mode. i can play watch on my Samsung DVD-VR375 but cant copy on DVD. Every time it starts dubbing Record appears on screen then This picture can not be recorded. Please wait a moment appears on screen then it stop it self.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Recorders and Players Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok i will wait and contact you after half hour
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Michael
I am Rakesh from Australia, I have Samsung DVD-VR375 but cant copy my videos from Caesars to DVD. I have tried direct from remote and also from selection from setup.Every time it starts dubbing and Record appears on screen then "This picture can not be recorded. Please wait a moment" appears on TV screen then it stop it self video start play as normal. I tried on both DVD R and DVD RW.

Check to see if you are recording in VR mode. There are some restrictions depending on the mode of recording - VR or Video.

Once a DVD-R/-RW is recorded in VR or Video mode and finalized, you cannot perform additional recordings. Once a DVD-R/-RW is recorded in Video Mode and fi nalized, it becomes a DVD-Video. In both modes, playback can be performed before and after fi nalization, but additional recording, deleting and editing can not be performed after fi nalization. If you want to record the disc in VR Mode and then record in V Mode, be sure to execute format. Be careful when executing Format because all the recorded data may be lost. You can change the disc mode only one times when the unused DVD-R disc is inserted.

Video mode is most likely what you want to be recording in, since this is the mode that records a disc that can be played back in normal devices. In fact, for this, you should use DVD+R. It is the most reliable format.

More details on formats and discs can be found on page 7 of the manual here:

http://bitli.es/HwikJC

It is also possible that the tape has Macrovision protection on it which will not allow it to be copied. Many people are under the impression that only commercial recordings are encoded like this, but there are actually many recorders and cameras that add this encoding as well.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Same deal no success
I have checked info and found DVR RW was SP and VHS was LP
May it be the cause??

That should not cause this because the speeds of the two are independent. Do you happen to have a VHS recorded at SP? I'm not saying it's impossible - but it's not something I've ever seen affect the process.