Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a KENWOOD turntable model KD-38R. 3 out of the 4

Customer Question

I have a KENWOOD turntable model KD-38R.
3 out of the 4 wires connected to the stylus head unit came loose (only the blue wire is still connected).
What is the location of the yellow green and red wires to reconnect to the stylus unit?
Thank You. ***@******.***
1-***-***-****
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 11 months ago.

Hi Welcome to just answer

The turntable wires are based on the stereo configuration. Each channel has live wire and ground.

If you have electronics measuring instrument, you can perform simple resistance measurement for the system. Two sets of wires are for ground: Most likely Blue and Green are the ground wires for each channel. So, If you measure resistance between the green and blue wires, it should be the zero. If you measure resistance between common ground and green or blue, it should be zero.

Left channel is white and right channel is red.

Here is the list of wires:-

Left + white wire
Left Ground - blue wire
Right + red wire
Right Ground- green wire

If you feel that my answer has solved your problem, please rate my answer as this is the only way I get credit for my time.