Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I purchased a BDP1200 DVD player before Christmas and am

Customer Question

I purchased a Phillips BDP1200 DVD player before Christmas and am just now getting around to hooking it up. My previous DVD player had three colored wires from it to my TV, and it appears that what I need now is a coaxial cable only. However, it doesn't appear that I received that cable with the DVD player.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

What you need is an HDMI cable to connect the player to a TV- the Digital Coaxial is for audio to an external sound system- not for connecting it to the TV.

These cables do not come included with new purchases of players from any brand these days.

However we need to know if your TV even supports HDMI- since if it's older- it likely does not.

Please reply back with the model number off of the back of your TV so we can proceed.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.