electronicsguy
electronicsguy, Engineer
Experience:  Worked on these instruments for over 15 years.
25158178

CD not reading on my Kenwood UD-50 player. Worked

Customer Question

CD not reading on my Kenwood UD-50 player. Worked intermittently over 2 weeks, now not working at all. I hear a soft clicking sound and then indicator returns to 00
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  electronicsguy replied 11 months ago.

Can you listen to the system careful to see if the cd is spinning? Are multiple CDs giving you the same error? When was the last time you cleaned the laser?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
CD spins for a few seconds, have tried other CDs, don't work.
How do I clean the laser? Thanks

Can you check the laser position to see if it moves every time you load a cd. Open the cd cover and take the cd out. Try to press play and see if the system see no cd. Then look around the location of the laser. Load the cd and see if it will read.

To clean the laser, you will need to order a Lacer cleaner on the link below http://www.amazon.com/Allsop-56500-CD-Laser-Lens-Cleaner/dp/B00000J1QK

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Happens with multiple CDs. It is not reading the CD, not spinning, only a click when I load CD

Ok, I am thinking that the system needs repair beyond what I can offer online. I would suggest you take the system to a local electronics repair shop for further diagnostics and repairs