Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Got a NSM CD juke box Performer 2000 The LED LD2 is flashing

Customer Question

Customer: Got a NSM CD juke box Performer 2000 The LED LD2 is flashing and LD1 is solid . Machine not working. Also volume button will only go lower not higher, Nead for NYE party tonight! Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Got a NSM CD juke box Performer 2000 The LED LD2 is flashing and LD1 is solid . Machine not working. Also volume button will only go lower not higher, Nead for NYE party tonight! ThanksRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/recorders-and-players/7lb27-nsm-cd-jukebox-grand-performer-2000-was-playing-fine.html#ixzz3vv8IyaAR
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Recorders and Players Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep, thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Do you still need help with this? If you do, does the light flash in a pattern?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just on off constantly
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Does it respond to anything you try and do while this is happening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, first question I would ask - is this a fault that it flashes? I just assumed that as not noticed before. Bear in mind it is showing no fault code.
What about the volume issue?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The flashing is a fault code that is why I asked if it was in a pattern, a pattern would indicate what the fault is. Here is a tech manual:

http://nsmjukeboxmanuals.yolasite.com/resources/The%20Performer%20Classic.pdf

Go to page 326 and please test the Eprom as it sounds like that is causing your issue. It is the control unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** that manual
E prom would come up as a fault on the display - would it not?. We have no fault codes coming up on display.
We have a light flashing on one of the pcb boards. on plugging in, The cd "grabber" thing that selects the cd moves a bit then red led lights starts to flash. All the displays shows is the credits (99) if you go to choose a track it comes up with "press C" clear button
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Not always, that is why I suggested testing it because what you have been describing sounds like a control unit failure. The board should have a number on it as well, and will be in the manual under that number. Let me know the number on the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
board has a sticker with 1872 on it which is covering a board number which starts in 206 and ends in 285
It is the main board that faces you above the cd selector.
I am tried the p151 test cd works volume will not turn up
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I am unsure on this so I will opt out and open this to all experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Freddy for your time.
Never used a service like this before, What happens next?
Thanks
Simon